Administrative Support Vacancy
Welsh Government is currently recruiting temporary staff. We have based in our office in Cardiff Bay. The purpose of the posts is to provide administrative support to Ministerial Private Offices in all aspects of their work. The closing date has been extended till the 7th April. Further information attached.
We value diversity at the Welsh Government and welcome and encourage interest from people from all backgrounds, age groups and with all abilities.
Welsh Government is currently recruiting temporary staff. We have 5 vacancies based in our office in Cardiff Bay. The purpose of the posts is to provide administrative support to Ministerial Private Offices in all aspects of their work.
Key tasks include
Dealing with all Ministerial correspondence including:
– Recording all incoming items in the electronic post book/database
– Forwarding correspondence received for draft response and preparing returned draft replies within allocated deadlines
– Printing and dispatching letters as required
Assisting the Diary Secretary including:
– Organising both internal and external meeting and engagements
– Ensure that meetings/engagements are recorded accurately in the Ministerial diary
– Commissioning and distribution of papers
– Arranging travel and hospitality
– Greeting both internal and external visitors
Providing support and cover for colleagues as required, including being conversant with tasks usually undertaken by other administrative staff
Answering telephone calls in a professional manner
Key skills required:
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent IT skills – particularly Word and Excel
- The ability to work on your own and as part of a small team
- Attention to detail
- Welsh language skills are desirable but not essential
These posts are for an initial 8 months but could be extended to 12 months.
The salary for the posts is £17,200 per annum.
To apply, please send your CV outlining how you have the key skills required to the following email address: [email protected]