Fund for Wales Opens for Applications (Wales)
The Community Foundation for Wales has announced that grants of £500 to £1,000 are available for small, volunteer-driven community groups whose projects aim to deliver one of the five following outcomes:
- Improving people’s chances in life
- Building stronger communities
- Improving rural and urban environments
- Encouraging healthier and more active people and communities
- Preserving heritage and culture.
Grants can support full or partial costs of, for example:
- Projects costs
- Small capital items & equipment
- Core costs
- Activities and programmes (e.g. room hire, transport costs, volunteer expenses, insurance, tutor fees, community events).
This Fund is open to constituted community-based charities and organisations (e.g. associations, social enterprises and clubs) whose beneficiaries are all in Wales; with an income of less than £100,000 in the latest reported financial year; and which are volunteer-driven and have no more than one full-time equivalent member of staff throughout the year.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on the 31st July 2016. Read more at: http://cfiw.org.uk/eng/grants/33-fund-for-wales-?dm_i=1X27,4AKTQ,J4CEJA,FPGUM,1