PA to Artist Nick Elphick
Fee: £10-13.60 p/hr (dependent on experience), plus travel expenses
Hours: Variable – Agreed via contract for each project
Established Sculptor/Artist Nick Elphick is looking for a highly motivated Personal Assistant to support with widening the impact of his work as a Wales based, highly acclaimed international artist. The successful candidate will be an outstanding professional; motivated, reliable and able to demonstrate exacting standards and organisational skills. You will be expected to work using your own initiative at all times. Exemplary communication and networking skills are essential to be considered for this role as you will be liaising with commercial galleries, curators as well as media as prospective clients. You will be familiar with a variety of social media platforms and knowledgeable in their use as marketing and communication tools.
The work will include:
• IT skills, administration/diary management/bookings
• Networking, liaising with galleries, curators, media and other stakeholders.
• Assisting with Social Media Management
• Assisting with updating and maintaining websites/blogs
• Assisting with drawing up a business plan
• Liaising between legal representatives, venues, client and Artist
• Attending meetings with Artist and clients
• Knowledge and understanding of marketing and promotion
• Essential – In depth knowledge and experience of approaching galleries and the art industry
• Essential – knowledge and understanding of dyslexia
The successful post holder will be required to work from home and to travel throughout the UK; access to personal transport will be required.
Core hours: Work outside of agreed hours/days may occasionally be requested but will be agreed in advance.
Nick Elphick is a Disability Arts Cymru Member and DAC will be assisting Nick with the recruitment process for this post as part of our professional development support programme for artists.
*Once appointed, the role will be directly managed through the respective contracts signed and agreed by Nick and the selected candidate, and DAC will have no further legal responsibility in respect of this role.
Closing date for applications: Friday 31st August 2018
To apply please e-mail a CV and covering letter outlining your interest and suitability for the role to email@example.com