BFI FAN are expanding our pool of marketing freelancers across the UK and would like to invite talented, motivated marketers or promoters to a free workshop which will provide specialist training in film marketing – the workshop is fully funded and candidates will be paid £150 for their time. It’s a great chance to find out more about BFI FAN, network with other freelancers and cinemas, and find out about freelance opportunities in film exhibition all over the UK.
Since 2016, the BFI Film Audience Network has been creating innovative, grassroots press and marketing campaigns across the UK, all with the aim of building audiences for new independent film releases. Now, we’re looking to expand our pool of freelancer marketers, and are inviting anyone interested to a free workshop day. This is an opportunity for you to network, take part in a specialist workshop and learn about the opportunities we have on offer.
The BFI Film Audience Network (FAN) is:
a collaboration of eight Film Hubs with a membership of over 1,500 cinemas, film festivals and other film exhibitors across the UK.
Working with cinemas on incredible films like A Fantastic Woman, God’s Own Country and Mustang, we’ve organised panel discussions and parties – we’ve created GIFs, zines, beermats and badges – we’ve worked with local press and online bloggers – we’ve flyered, flash-danced and Facebooked – to ensure that anyone, no matter where they live in the UK, find out about great independent films screening near them.
- Passionate about film
- Into arts, culture and entertainment
- Experienced in marketing and or arts/event promotion
- Organised, pro-active, a self-starter
- Good at networking and building relationships
What’s on offer?
- Attend a free audience development workshop led by Film Marketing and Distribution specialist, Jo Taylor on 20 September 2018 at Watershed, Bristol
- Your travel will be reimbursed and you will be paid £150 for your time
- Find out more about freelance opportunities in film marketing where you live
- Network with other UK-based freelancers and cinemas
We especially welcome applications from people from BAME backgrounds as they are underrepresented in the industry.
If you have any access, childcare or other needs that we can help with, please contact us at [email protected].
If you would like to arrange a call or video chat please contact us at [email protected].
The deadline for applications is 5pm, Monday 27 August