Introduction to Positive Behavioural Support
12 February in Newtown
This is an evidence based approach to improve well-being and reduce challenging behaviour with people with a learning disability and other vulnerable groups.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand some key concepts of behaviour
• Define Challenging behaviour
• Consider values and ethical intervention
• Define the key characteristics of Positive Behavioural Support
• Describe a three stage Positive Behaviour Support Plan
• Sign post to more in-depth accredited training in PBS
This course is designed for senior managers, first line managers, family members, carers and support workers.
Book a place here
Depression, anxiety and people with a learning disability
26 February in Swansea
This training looks at how to support someone with a learning disability to understand depression and anxiety. We will take a look at these common mental health issues and most importantly, the best ways to treat them and stay well.
- What is depression and anxiety?
- How does it affect the mind and body?
- How can depression and anxiety affect someone with a learning disability?
- How do we recognise depression and anxiety in others?
- How to help someone with a learning disability understand depression and anxiety?
- Ways of treating depression and anxiety and how to stay well.
This course is for anyone wanting a better understanding of depression and anxiety and is particularly relevant to people supporting someone with a learning disability.
Book a place here
If you have any queries, please give us a ring on 02920 681160.
Training & Events Coordinator
Learning Disability Wales
Direct Tel: 029 2068 1174
Reception: 029 2068 1160