Arty Parky 2017
Forage for twigs, leaves, conkers and seeds and create a large outdoor artwork
10.30am – 3pm
Saturday 28th October, Bedwellty Park, Tredegar
This venue offers the easiest access for people with mobility difficulties. The artwork location is in front of the house, next to the cafe area. The venue includes:
- Disabled parking bays next to the House entrance
- Tarmacked pathways around the house and gardens
- Accessible cafe
- Accessible toilets
Sunday 29th October, Pontypool Park
The artwork will be sited on the grassed area near to the bandstand. This is a short distance from the Leisure Centre via a tarmacked path.
- Disabled car parking area is available, in front of the entrance to the leisure centre (the barrier is raised on request via the intercom)
- Accessible toilets and cafe are in the leisure centre.
Thursday 2nd November, Cyfarthfa Park, Merthyr Tydfil
The artwork will be sited near the bandstand area, to the right of the Castle.
- Accessible toilets at park entrance and in the museum (from 12 noon onwards)
- There are parking bays close to the site
Friday 3rd November, Morgan Jones Park, Caerphilly
The artwork will be sited on the grassed area to the right of the main entrance.
- Car parking bays are close to the location
- Accessible cafe close by (with an accessible toilet)
All Arty Parky locations will include an additional tabled area for wheelchair users / people who have difficulty bending down, to enable safe participation on a tarmacked area. Here users can design their own individual patterns that will then be incorporated on to the larger pattern on the lawn. Some pre-gathered material will be available for those who are unable to forage for their own.
All Arty Parky activities are on a drop-in basis and participants can stay as long or as little as they wish.
Head4Arts staff will be available throughout the day to assist as required.