Summer School 2017
17-22 July 2017 “The Art of Performance”, Five days of professional training. Where learning is fun, theatre is imaginative and friendships are forged for life.
The DAW annual Summer School is an intensive week of theatrical learning, with like-minded people, and led by some of the country’s leading theatrical practitioners. Content is relevant to the amateur theatre community, but challenges existing habits and nurtures new approaches, techniques and practices.
Each year DAW selects a venue which offers the accommodation, workspaces, catering and social evening requirements which go into making a successful Summer School. We work hard in offering these elements at as low a price as possible.
TUTOR Jennifer Scott-Reid
Jennie has been active in local theatre for over twenty five years, as a performer, director, choreographer and stage manager with extensive festival experience and sucess in both full length and one act festivals. As a member of the Guild of Drama Adjudicators (GoDA), Jennie is an inspirational adjudicator in festivals all over the U.K.
Our assistant tutor is playwright and actress Teresa Hennessy. We are hoping to have a day’s workshop tutored by the RSC again this year.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- We walk before we talk – exploring movement and physicality
- Heart and Soul – developing emotion, imagination and intuition
- The art of improvisation – making unknnown journeys enjoyable
- Who are you – creating three dimensional characters
- Making connections – working with others
- Communication of thought and intention – finding the ‘truth’
- Developing approaches to rehearsal – preparation is key
- Creating a performance – Live, Laugh, Cry – the joy of theatre
Morning warm-ups, fun evening activities, a fun filled packed week with memories to last a lifetime
Fully residential and for our sole use – a country house party for DAW. Welcoming staff, excellent food catering for everyone and a fully licensed bar, stunning views. www.broneirion.com
Fee: DAW Member £500 – Non Member £550