Outdoors / Indoors: Call Out for Entries for Creative Word Competition
The deadline for entries is Thursday 18th June.
Wales is a country opulent in dramatic backgrounds, glorious seascapes and beautiful countryside that demonstrates an extensive diversity covering forests, castles, rivers, caves and shores.
Visit Wales’ theme for 2020, ‘Outdoors’ will celebrate the countries outstanding natural landscapes which are alive with world-leading adventure and a distinctive, contemporary culture.
The 870 mile Coastal Path; 3 National Parks; 600 Castles; Outstanding Areas of Natural Beauty and Dark Sky Reserves – all set to be enjoyed in 2020.
Fantastic, but what do you do if, through no fault of your own, you can’t access all this beauty? Do you feel part of this amazing offer? What are the alternative ways of engaging and experiencing such wonderful vistas? How can you feel part of the Outdoors when you are Indoors?
When deciding on the theme we had no idea how relevant it would become just a few months later. Now that everyone is restricted to going out, how does the above relate to you during the Covid-19 lockdown?
- Has it changed your life at all or was going out not an option before lockdown, or having to ‘shield’?
- Do you think, as a disabled or Deaf person you are in a worse or better position than others?
- What have you discovered about yourself, your family or your community during the past weeks?
- What is the ‘new normal‘ likely to be?
We are extremely grateful to Literature Wales for donating this very generous prize:
“A £200 voucher to spend on a residential course of your choice at Literature Wales’ Tŷ Newydd Writing Centre in 2021.”
We welcome entries from disabled/Deaf writers who create work in any form and look forward to hearing about your experiences in relation to our Outdoors / Indoors theme.
- We accept work in any form e.g. poetry, prose, rap, song lyrics, haiku etc.
- Maximum of 500 words
- Closing date Thursday 18th June.
Please email your entries to [email protected]
If you have any queries please email [email protected]