Stiwdio Maelor Open Call
Invitation to all artists who are members of Helfa Gelf 2018 to apply for a residency at Stiwdio Maelor, Corris, Gwynedd SY20 9SP. It aims to facilitate the creative work of artists by giving them the opportunity to take a step out of their everyday lives. By staying at this rural village on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park, free from their daily routine and demands, artists are able to recharge and enhance their productivity, explore an area of outstanding natural beauty and interact with other artists.
What will we offer?
Stiwdio Maelor will offer:
- A two week residency at Stiwdio Maelor for a member of Helfa Gelf. The residency would take place in the attic space at Maelor for 2 weeks from 28th of August – 11th of September 2018. There will be an open day on the weekend 7-9 September to showcase the project/work of the artist.
- Free accommodation in a private room during the residency.
- Private working space during the residency.
- Access to shared spaces (kitchen, dining room, bathroom).
- Discussion of the project with residency staff and other artists.
- The promotion of project and work through social media.
- The selected artist will be able to participate in a possible collaboration with other artists also residing there during the period; Liz Corbett (writer, Australia and Welsh speaker) and Samues Lueng (China)
- Complimentary Friend of Stiwdio Maelor for one year after the conclusion of their residency.
- Payment of cost of materials by Helfa Gelf up to £100.
(The residency does not include travel or other living expenses.)
What does Stiwdio Maelor/Helfa Gelf expect from the selected artist?
- A collaboration with local artist/s and/or community project to be showcased on the Helfa Gelf open weekend 7-9th of September.
- Regular and serious work during the residency.
- Stiwdio Maelor and Helfa Gelf to be named in all communications related to the project realized here.
- The inclusion of Stiwdio Maelor and Helfa Gelf sponsor’s logos on all handouts or other publications.
- Two blog posts (visual or written or both) documenting your residency (to be submitted to the coordinator at the end of each week).
Deadline for submissions: 21st May 2018.
Please contact Judith at firstname.lastname@example.org for application form or to make a submission.
Please contact Veronica Calarco at email@example.com if you have any questions.