FAN: Friends and Neighbours
FAN Groups offer people an opportunity to make friends and meet new people, even if people are here for just a short time.
· FAN groups meet weekly for about an hour in 21 venues in Cardiff.
· There are also FAN groups in other geographical areas, see the website for details.
· Attendance is free
· Coming to FAN is a great way to practise English speaking and listening skills
· FAN groups bring people together from around the corner and around the world and are a way of English learners meeting native speakers and learning first hand about local culture and customs.
· FAN groups help to make Cardiff feel a more welcoming and friendly place
· If you are feeling lonely then coming to FAN can help you to make friends
For more information about FAN groups please follow the links to our website http://www.thefancharity.org/(with its ever changing pattern of groups) and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/THEFANCHARITY/ which has regular reports of FAN goings on. If students are here for a short number of weeks, or longer, or have family members who are interested in becoming active locally, coming to FAN can make a world of difference to their experience in the city.
If you would like further information or feel we can work together in any way I would love to hear from you! Janina Kuczys
Development & Support Officer, please email: [email protected]
Come to a FAN Group! It’s a great opportunity for local people to meet newcomers; you’ll meet friends and neighbours and feel more hopeful for the world.