Arts Equality Training is a basic necessity for arts organisations.
Many of your participants, audiences, and your artists and staff too will have ‘protected characteristics’ under the Equality Act. But building in real equality goes much further than compliance with the law.
This course puts greater inclusion within reach of every arts provider.
Five good reasons to attend Arts Equality
- There are nine ‘Protected Characteristics’ under the Equality Act 2010, including disability, race, sexuality, age, gender and religion and belief. We are your customers too. Do you know how to make your services accessible and inclusive to us?
- You might think that making your arts provision inclusive is just too expensive or too complicated. Let us show you that it doesn’t have to be.
- Learn how simple adjustments can make a big difference to your audiences and participants.
- Find out how people with protected characteristics can be involved in your organisation at all levels, not just as audiences.
- Under The Equality Act 2010 it is illegal to discriminate against people with protected characteristics. Find out how to avoid being prosecuted for discrimination. Go above and beyond legislation and find out how to make your organisation as inclusive as possible with your budget and resources.
The one-day course covers the following topics:
- An overview of The Equality Act 2010
- ‘Protected characteristics’; what does this mean for arts providers?
- Embedding equality in all aspects of your work
- Case studies; illustrated examples of what works and what not to do!
- Practical, manageable steps towards equality
We have many years experience working with arts organisations of all kinds, to make them as accessible and inclusive as possible within a budget. We understand the challenges faced and the pitfalls to look out for, the difference that can be made with attitude alone and the benefits that can be delivered. Most of all, we understand how horrible it feels to be excluded because our needs have not been met and how great it feels when everyone is included and valued for their unique contribution.
Book an in-house course or sign up to be notified when an open course is running. For more information contact the office or call 02920 551040