Our Rights Our Voice
Trainers wanted for new project raising awareness of the UN Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities
Our Rights Our Voice is a project run by Learning Disability Wales in partnership with All Wales People First.
The project will develop new resources and the skills of people with a learning disability, and work in partnership to raise awareness of their rights under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities.
Our Rights Our Voice will run until March 2019, during this time we will work across Wales to:
- consult with people with a learning disability
- develop Awareness Raising sessions
- deliver Train the Trainer training to people with a learning disability
- develop partnerships to deliver Awareness Raising sessions to people with a learning disability.
We are currently looking for people or organisations interested in developing resources and delivering Train the Trainer training.
Later in the summer we will be providing more information about becoming a partner in the project where your group will get:
- free Train the Trainer training
- free resources to deliver Awareness Raising sessions.
Our Rights Our Voice is part of Learning Disability Wales’ Valued Lives project.
Deadline 1st September 2016