Disability Arts Cymru Training Programme – Spring 2014
Mental Health First Aid
Is there anyone in your organisation who knows what to do in a mental health crisis? Take the course and you will be one of the few who knows what to do and is confident about putting that knowledge into action.
- 21 & 22 January: Sbectrwm, Fairwater, Cardiff £120
- 5 & 7 February: Small World Theatre, Cardigan £120
- 11 & 12 February: Sbectrwm, Fairwater, Cardiff £120
- 4 & 5 March: Galeri, Caernarfon £120
- 19 & 20 March: CAVO, Lampeter £120
Five good reasons to attend MHFA (Wales)
- Most people don’t know what to do in a mental health crisis. Take the course and you will be one of the few who knows what to do and is confident about putting that knowledge into action.
- You will learn how to recognise when a person might need help and the best way to approach them.
- You could save a life by learning basic suicide intervention skills.
- You will learn what protects your own and other people’s mental health.
- You will learn new skills that are useful in every part of your life .
MHFA is taught over the course of 2 days to groups of up to 14 participants at a time. You can either book an in-house course if you have enough staff to benefit from this, sign up to a advertised course or alternatively, let us know that you are interested in booking a place for yourself or a small number of participants at a particular location and we will run a course when enough interested people are signed up.
Deaf Equality in the Arts
Over 500,000 people in Wales are Deaf or hard-of-hearing; can they access your arts organisation? This course will help you make your organisation deaf-friendly.
- 5 February Sbectrwm, Fairwater, Cardiff £60
Many of your participants, audiences, and your artists and staff too will have ‘protected characteristics’ under the Equality Act. This course gives an overview of the Equality Act and helps you work towards greater inclusion.
- 27 February Sbectrwm, Fairwater, Cardiff £60
To book a place please download the Booking Form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.Spring 2014 Training - Booking form (323 downloads)
A plain black and white version in Word is also available.Spring 2014 Training - Booking Form Plain B&W (321 downloads)
You can also download a Bi-lingual flyer with all course dates.Spring Training programme 2014 (1 download)