Creative Ponty: A free event for artists & arts professionals
Saturday 3rd September; 10:30 – 12:30
Venue: ADDO South Office, 20-21 Gelliwasted Rd, Pontypridd, CF37 2BW
Artists and creative professionals are invited to attend ‘Creative Ponty?’ – A morning of discussions and networking around how existing, emerging and potential creative networks and hubs may positively impact on Pontypridd and the surrounding area. Five short presentations will be followed by an open discussion. Speakers include:
- Anne Hayes, Arts & Creative Industries Manager, Rhondda Cynon Taff CBC will outline the partnership work currently being undertaken by the Council towards developing the creative economy of Pontypridd and the county region (www.artsdev.rct-arts.org).
- James Doyle-Roberts, Co-Founder, Citrus Arts will discuss managing a collaborative creative practice based in Pontypridd with a national and international reach and what resources, networks and facilities do and could help to facilitate this process (www.citrusarts.squarespace.com).
- Kayleigh Mcleod, Creative Economy Project Officer, Cardiff University will present some of the outcomes from Creative Cardiff- a new action research project and network, which seeks to connect people working in any creative organisation, business or job in the Cardiff region to collaborate and share ideas and in doing so encourage more innovation and creativity across the city (www.creativecardiff.org.uk).
- Sarah Pace & Tracy Simpson, Co-Directors, Addo a visual arts organisation, will share the concept of Addo Studio – a proposal for a sustainable creative space in Pontypridd for organisations and creative professionals with a social conscience and critical, collaborative practices (www.addocreative.com).
- Wendy York, Chief Executive Officer, Artis Community will provide an update on developments for Ponty Arts, The Old Court House, Muni Arts Centre and YMCA and how these evolving creative spaces and networks will help to nurture a creative Ponty (www.artiscommunity.org.uk).
You are also invited to submit an A3 poster summarising your practice, interest or organisation- together these will help us to visually map the creative activity and potential in the region. Please submit your posters in advance for printing to email@example.com or bring them along on the day.
This event is part of Rhondda Cynon Taff County Borough Council Arts Development Team’s Artist Exchange Series, which seeks to bring artists & creative professionals living and working in RCT to share work, ideas and best practice. It also forms part of Addo’s NOW WE ARE FIVE, an organisational development project funded by Arts Council of Wales and Rhondda Cynon Taff County Borough Council. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.