Open Studios 2018
Funding is now confirmed and Registration will now open on Monday, 16th April at 12.00pm. It will close a month later on 14th May at 5.00 pm.
The Open Studios will run across the four weekends of September as usual :
7th – 9th, 14th – 16th, 21st – 23rd and 28th – 30th, with optional late night opening on Fridays (also as usual!)
In addition we have a super range of exhibition and residency opportunities for members at galleries across North Wales, including:
- collaborations at Tŷ Pawb and UnDegUn, Wrecsam
- a new collaboration with Plas Glyn y Weddw
- a new residency at Stiwdio Maelor
- a repeat of the popular exhibition at the beautiful Oriel Brondanw
- a superb opportunity for artists with an interest in using new technology for their creative practice at Arloesi Pontio Innovation
Again there will be residencies at Galeri Caernarfon and Ruthin Craft Centre, exhibitions at the café at Oriel Mostyn and lots more!
You will already have seen that the training programme is underway and highlights to come include:
- Video skills for artists
- How creatives can succeed in rural areas
- And a series of masterclasses with some of the professional talented artists who work in our area.
The first stage of our website makeover is now unveiled and it includes a simplified online registration process – if you are re-registering you will be asked to check and update last year’s information, new members will need to input their details …… so ensure you have all particulars to hand. Go to www.helfagelf.co.uk to register.
Payment this year will only be possible by credit or debit card.
Having not raised prices significantly for many years, this year we are raising existing price bands slightly, and introducing new price bands:
Silver (for one artist) £70; Gold I (up to 3 artists) £120;
Gold II (4 – 9 artists) £185: Gold III (10 + artists) £250
However as part of our shiny new look, group pages will now feature an entry of art image, name and brief contact details for each artist. Make sure you are included if you want to be considered for an exhibition!
Bronze (webpage only) remains the same at £35
Finally, as outlined in the last mailing, at the request of our funders, but also in response to feedback from last year, we are not going to produce the big booklet this year – for one thing it has proved almost impossible to produce a booklet with legible print and maps for the money we have available. Instead we will shortly bring out a leaflet with details of our event and from the money saved by this we can fund better distribution and better promotion via the clusters, plus more emphasis on digital marketing via social media and the website, and online generally.
This will include year round integrated social media coverage including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, and linking into ‘featured artist of the week’ on the website, plus an improved website including:
- mobile friendly website
- cluster maps downloadable as pdf
- fully interactive maps on website
- improved search facility which shows which studios open each day
- personalisable downloadable trail map for visitors.
We are very excited by the possibilities this year, and we hope you can join us!
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.