Where is it you want me to volunteer?
Multiple posts in Wrexham, Flintshire, Denbighshire, Conwy, Gwynedd and Anglesey.
What will I be doing?
We are looking for Support Volunteers who can raise the awareness of dementia. You will be responsible for acting as a representative of the Alzheimer’s Society externally, maintaining contacts with GP surgeries. You will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and experience of providing information and support, preferably information on health or social care.
The Information Point will be situated and staffed in GP surgeries across North Wales that have expressed an interest in having the service in their surgeries at times and frequency agreed between the Commissioner, Provider and each GP surgery.
The ‘Dementia RED Care Information Centre Point’ will help people concerned about or with cognitive problems / dementia, carers / families and relevant others to acquire appropriate information and signposting to community support services providing much needed support. Not everyone is ready to ask for information immediately after receiving a diagnosis of dementia. Knowledge of where to go to when needing the appropriate information is important. A regular presence via the ‘Dementia RED Care Information Centre Point’ in the GP surgery will address the need for appropriate dissemination of information.
The Dementia RED Care Information Centre Point aims to:
- Deliver on the vision in the Welsh Government’s Dementia Vision for Wales (2011), adhere to the principles in the Ageing Well in Wales Network, to meet the requirements in the Social Services and Well-Being (Wales) Act 2014 which promotes early intervention, information and support for people with cognitive problems and their carers.
- Provide information to individuals through the distribution of appropriate information and signposting to supporting people to live well with dementia and access community support services. This includes:
– Helping people who are concerned about their own or another person’s memory to cope and understand the condition better and enable them to access appropriate community support services.
– Advocating for people living with dementia and their carers to be treated with ‘Respect Empathy and Dignity’
– Working with the new Single Points of Access across North Wales.
How much time do you expect me to commit?
1 day per week
How do I apply?
Please email your contact details to email@example.com or call 01978-755906 stating which role you are applying for.