I grew up in coastal Essex & now live in coastal Wales. Always attracted to ballet, plants & animals I started drawing at an early age, &, as well as enjoying gardening & drawing, I sculpted anything miniature from crinoline ladies, with minuscule ringlets & facial details, to bowls of fruit & stylish animals. Furthermore,
I designed & sewed many animals, dolls, & clothing.
Some of my work history includes:
• Being site drawer on the Egyptian Akhenatan Temple, & Peruvian Cusichaca Indian, projects;
• illustrating several books for Indian authors;
• creating artwork for the Florida Natural History Museum including making replicas of the Calusa Indian jewellery, masks and mannequins, as well as painting watercolours for the field guide of endangered species, themed hut & river exhibit plaques;
• illustrating Forestry Commission signs in Denbighshire;
• designing costumes for a fancy dress shop;
• making costume jewellery & flower arrangements for hundreds of functions;
• teaching arts & crafts in several schools;
• writing, editing & taking photos for college and local newspapers
• making business cards, letterheads & cards for all occasions.